Monday, July 2, 2012

BOTTLE

Psalm 56 records the strangest thing.  It says God has put our tears in a bottle.  Of all the things we think God keeps track of, it is this.  So I was wondering today how full my God-bottle is and what things have caused my bottle(s) to fill up.

I have three daughters and a wife.  I'm jealous of them at times because their tears seem to flow much easier than mine.  I think I'm supposed to be proud of that as a man but for some reason that rings hollow.

I know Jesus cried, so it must be OK.

That Bible passage says our tears are recorded in a scroll as well, so I picture somewhere out there in the celestials, rows and rows of shelving miles high with gazillions of assorted bottles full of wetness, each with an accompanying book that tells what each droplet is about.

I don't know if the shelf thing is true, but it wouldn't be unlike God to care that much.

What are you crying about right now?

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Thank you for the reminder. Very timely. God bless you PK for always being real.