Friday, June 8, 2012

ENTERTAINMENT


Following is a quote from a famous evangelical -- I won't tell you who because it would potentially bias you a bit - it would me.  Suffice to say, it isn't original with me.  But do you agree or disagree?
'I think the use of video and drama largely is a token of unbelief in the power of preaching.  And ... to the degree that pastors begin to supplement their preaching with this entertaining spice to help people stay with them and be moved and get helped, it’s going to backfire.  It's going to communicate that preaching is weak, preaching doesn’t save, preaching doesn’t hold, but entertainment does.  And we’ll just go further and further.  So we don’t do video clips during the sermon and we don’t do (dramas).'       
        --- Signed, Mr. X
What are your thoughts?  I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours.
And be blessed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neither preaching nor videos save, Jesus saves.

Anonymous said...

This person does not use much technology...and is not targeting tomorrow's generation. I make more sense to my 14 year old via text than with my mouth.

Anonymous said...

What are your thoughts PK?

PK's BLOG said...

For my comments, you can read the June 9th blog called "SNOOZE-FEST."
Blessings.

PK's BLOG said...

For my comments, you can read the June 9th blog called "SNOOZE-FEST."
Blessings.