Monday, May 7, 2012

TOPAZ

I remember the days when the math book had all the answers in the back.  You weren't supposed to look, but sometimes I did -- just to check to make sure I had the right answer after doing all the work, you know?  Just to confirm.  That's all.

I do the same thing today when I'm working on a crossword puzzle and it's a *'five letter word ending in "Z,"' and for the life of me, I can't come up with the answer.  I am prone to take a quick peek in the back of the book.  I only look with one eye open though.

I'm still sneaking peeks every day.  There is so much I don't know.  I wonder if all your questions are answered.  You've come to faith and now you get everything that happens.  Nothing is a mystery to you.  You've figured it all out.  The economy.  Terminal illness.  Tornadoes.  Birth defects.  Capital punishment.  War.  The fifth toenail on the beast in Revelation.  Evolution.  You have sixteen Scriptures for each of them and everything is perfectly lined up in your heart and mind.

Good for you.  I suppose your search is over then.  Boom.  Done.  I wish mine was, but it isn't.  I feel like it's just beginning.

U2 and Bono have a song that expresses the way I feel many days:
'You broke the bonds, you loosed the chains, you carried the cross and my shame.  You know I believe it but I still haven't found what I'm looking for.'


Don't get me wrong.  I know what I'm looking for is in Jesus.  I've found that; I'm completely thankful and I'm totally secure in that.  But that song expresses the question, 'You mean ... there's more?'


Yes.  There is.  It's all in Jesus, but there is definitely more.  Those who are satisfied with what they have, have what they have.

* Blitz or glitz or topaz, by the way.

And be blessed.

No comments: