Friday, October 7, 2011

ROUNDABOUT

You can tell it's a slow 'news day' when the blog is about the new roundabout that opened today a half mile down the street from where we live. We've been detouring for months to get to and from home while it's been under construction - and today, I managed to wheel around the roundabout without braking and slide right into my garage. Nice.

I'm not sure why
Kenosha has a specific need for roundabouts (there is another new one just 1/4 mile to the east of this new one) - but I like them. They're all over Europe and it seems we've been slow here in the U.S. to adopt this traffic pattern solution.

Joelene and I are headed to Greece in a few weeks, where I understand the rule of traffic law is basically, "No stopping." But it was great to ride around the roundabout today (I did it twice just for fun) and then steer myself home.

I'm sure I helped pay for it with my tax money so it only stands to reason that I should in some way enjoy it.

In fact - I know it's 9:15 p.m. right now - but I'm going to get in my car and drive up there and take a spin.

And be blessed.

No comments: