Friday, January 28, 2011

CONFESSION

Let me start this one with a bold confession and apology. If you met me between 1982 and 1998 and I told you, 'I'll pray for you,' chances are real good that was a lie. I probably didn’t. And that’s not cool. I’m not sure why we do this. I think in some ways, saying 'I'll pray for you' is the Christian equivalent of telling a date, 'I'll call you,' when you know you never will. It just seems like the right thing to do. Hopefully I am the only one who has struggled with this, but I have my doubts. I'm way better with this now and odds are that I WILL pray for you. I might not make 100% on that, but I think I'm a good 96% on it now. Very often I try to do it as soon as the person leaves me. But to all of you in my far past who counted on me, I'm very sorry. To all of you who are going to ask me this weekend and beyond, you can count on me.

And be blessed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey that was a good way to get us from facebook over here to read the blog! I know that you pray for me and I appreciate that!
I do have a comment on your page. I am having a hard time reading the white lettering. Could be old eyes, but I just thought you should know.
dms

PK's BLOG said...

Sorry, dM: I think if i make the print BLACK, it will be even harder to read - sorry about that. Git your glasses!

Anonymous said...

I know there have been enough times that you have prayed for me, as well. It means alot to me, too. I have prayed for you many times, too.

I try not to say it, unless I am going to do it right then and there. I would imagine that you, as pastor, feel even more obligated to say it to plenty of people.