Sunday, August 31, 2008

SOLITUDE

Today, the talk in church was given by one of our youth pastors, Jon Brown. He did a great job with the subject of solitude - and talked about how we need to de-rev our engines in order to get re-charged by spending time with God.

I realized how lax I had been with this discipline. It just seems like a busy life is a productive life ... but that doesn't make it a meaningful life.

And so, Pastor Jon led us thru some paces about how to be successful with solitude and ultimately experience GOD and REST.

And I will confess, when I got home and started thinking about it, it became abundantly clear at what kinds of breakneck speed I had been going and how tired I had become and how very much I desperately needed to slow down in order to hear God and do what He has called me to do.

So, I'm planning on doi ---- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

And ... be ... blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pastor Jon's message was a very good and timely one for me. I was just observing lately, in your blog, how being too busy took me away from God. I do much better in my life when I connect with God every day for a while. It is comforting to know that God is still there, waiting for us, even when we aren't there for Him. I don't want to be the type of person that takes the Lord and His unfailing love for granted.

BTW, get some rest there, buddy! :)

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add one more thing...I LOVED the rap song during the service! I like all kinds of music and I thought it was great! The worship is always terrific at our church!