Monday, February 6, 2012

SERVANTHOOD

It was another great meeting today with our team of staff pastors - that's a regular occurrence.  The conversation was spirited, spiritual and intense - just the way I like it.

We talked about our model for doing ministry at KFA, and deep in that conversation was the topic of serving.  For some reason, we find it far easier to preach in order to prod people into the Kingdom than to love them into the Kingdom.

"Servanthood is not about how I can add value to my life, but about how I can add value to yours."
G. McDonald
Maybe that's because real servant-type of love gets ultra-messy.  We have to strip off our hard-won religious robes and replace them with looser garments of humility - sometimes those are practically see-through, humbling indeed.  They expose the most naked vulnerabilities and put us all on level platforms where the cross is concerned - where everybody is more important than you and me.

If it's real servanthood, it means all I have and all I am is placed at your disposal if it will bring you into God's Kingdom.

I cant say it better than G. McDonald: "Servanthood is not about how I can add value to my life, but about how I can add value to yours."

And be blessed.

No comments: