Friday, March 27, 2009

NCU


We've taken a few days to head up to Minneapolis - not only to visit our older daughters and sons-in-law (the pic at left describes some of my down-time 'activity' when it's just me and the guys - that's MONOPOLY on video game we're playing there) - but also to take our youngest, Olivia, to College Days at North Central University. North Central is one of our Assemblies of God colleges/universities and I'm not an alumnus of it, but both our other daughters graduated from there so we're sold on it and we're praying-hoping Olivia will be as well. AND ... it's reasonably close to home.

One of the bonuses of visiting the university is that you get an opportunity to see so many of our own KFA students who have made the choice to attend North Central. In fact, Olivia is 'bunking' with one of them during this stay. We also get to visit with a number of students who spent the summer at our church as part of their education as youth interns.

PS ... we're probably going to IKEA today. IKEA with three women ... not my idea of a really great time.

And be blessed.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol....IKEA???? Yuck!!! I am a flowery, girly, pretty, kind of person. My home reflects that, too...lol. Ask Lucy. :) She moved in all of her stuff today and is spending her first night here, so maybe I will see her tonight. She is so sweet! Just like me! lol :)

Have fun with the family! Gotta go!

Kathy

LA Nickers said...

Has Olivia decided? Sarah is headed for Trinity in Deerfield. God is so-o-o good.

;-)

Anonymous said...

My Brother, Rand who is a Christian went Trinity College in IL. Not sure how that compares cost-wise but he liked it. I went to a community college for my AA and to a state school for the rest of it. The secular schools are very liberal in their views. I didn't agree with some of the things they taught...esp in CA...lol. VERY liberal.

PK's BLOG said...

She hasn't yet decided. Trinity is great, but we're pushing for NCU. Please don't tell HER or SARAH that I said that, please! Seriously.

Anonymous said...

Lol...your secret is safe with me. I wish I had gone to a Christian school. I wish I had been saved so long ago....

I wish Jesus was here right now to hold me and reassure me that He loves me...

oh well...

Darren said...

i promise we are more interesting than that picture portrays...or at least I thought we were more interesting than that... :)

Anonymous said...

Lol...yeah sure you are...just joking. You look like you were having a grand ole time. :)

If you and Joelene come for dinner at our place, you better liven up a little...lol. Just kidding. :)

Kathy

Anonymous said...

oh yeah...Lucy loves IKEA..lol. My home might make her barf...too much frill. It's ok, I love it! :) I can handle it. lol