Tuesday, June 26, 2018

FISHER

Jesus says, 'Follow Me and I will make you fishers of people' --  because you are perfectly positioned in your neighborhood ... in your job ... with your personality ... holding the life cards you've been dealt -- to fish.

So we could pray:  'God, if You can use my life to impact another person toward faith, then use me.  Help me live a life where people would ask questions.  I'll be praying for open doors.  I'll be watching - waiting - listening - for that opportunity to be a fisher -- not of the masses -- not of hundreds -- not of dozens even -- but of the one guy on my street - the one lady at my office - the guy I did that last deal with.'

And I really do hope we continue growing in our discipleship and growing in our worship and growing in our giving and growing in our community -- grow, grow, grow, grow, grow, grow.

And I hope we become better students and better husbands and better wives and better dads and better moms and better single adults -- better, better, better, better, better, better.

But more than all of that, I hope that we start living questionable lives - and that we never stop sharing about our relationship with Christ because we understand that with the incredible discovery we've made of Jesus that we also have an incredible responsibility to GO FISH.

And be blessed.

No comments: