Tuesday, May 1, 2018

PLANS

When we become afraid or worried we shift into SELF-control mode.  We start trying to fix things we weren't made to fix.  We assume a position in the universe we don't own.

I want to trust in me.  You want to trust in you - your finances - my abilities - your pedigree - my achievements - but none of those work.

Fear comes in when things down turn out the way we've been trying so hard to make happen.

You thought you'd be married by now - that was your plan - but you aren't, so there's anxiety.
You thought your career would be here, but it's over there.
You thought you'd have kids by this time, but you don't.
You thought the cancer would be gone by now, but it isn't.
It isn't turning out the way you thought.

Who's in charge?

God says:  'I know the plans I have for you, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.'  (Jer. 29:11)

It doesn't say, I know the plans YOU have for you.  He says, 'I know the plans I have for you.'

His plans.  Rest in that.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your blogs. Your words are encouraging and remind me to have faith in Him.