Saturday, January 13, 2018

GREEDY

Would you rather have the double scoop or the single scoop?  The lunch portion or the dinner portion?  The two-for-one deal or the one only deal?

What do you want from God this year?  A little bit of what He has, or the whole spread?

I want all you have for me, God.  Nothing left on the table.

Some people settle for less than their portion.  Don't be that man or woman this year.  Get everything God has for you.

One of the things I never hear people confessing, of all the things folks have admitted to me over the years, I don't think I've ever heard anyone flat-out say: 'My problem is ... I'm greedy.'  Nobody says that.

But as a church, we need to be greedy ... greedy for God this year.  There's nothing wrong with that.

We can't be a church - we can't be Christ-followers - who are all passive, sitting around waiting for God to do something.  He's been to good for us to sit back and coast now.

Let's go for everything He has for us in 2018.

And be blessed.

No comments: