Thursday, December 7, 2017

IMMEDIATELY

It isn't enough to just respond to Jesus.  HOW we respond makes all the difference.

Let's say you finally get up the nerve to get engaged to that special one.  You pick out the perfect ring - select the location and time - go to your beloved and get on one knee - take the hand - open the box to reveal the diamond - and say: 'Will you marry me?'

And the response you get back is:  'Let me get back to you on that?'

Would that create a special joy in your heart?

Let's say a friend calls:  'Want to go to dinner tonight?'

And you answer:  'Don't really have anything better to do, so I guess.'

Would a fountain of happiness spring up inside you at that moment?

If you're a parent and you said to your child:  'Would you please take out the trash?' and the response you got back was: 'I'll pray about that.'

Any joy coming at you from that?

If we want joy, we need to respond to the promptings of Jesus NOW.   Immediately.

What has God called you to do that you've been ignoring?  You've been delaying it.

'Trust Me with your finances,' He says.  'Because 90% with Me will go farther than 100% without Me.'

"Yeah, I really do want to do that - and I'm planning to.  I have a goal to get there by 2020.'  

Immediately.

There's an addiction ruling your life.  'I know I need help, but I need a few more months to see if I can kick this on my own.  If not, I'll seek help.'

Get yourself to someone who can help you now.  Run there.  Immediately.

Delayed obedience is disobedience.  You know that's true.

When your child says, 'Not right now,' that isn't obedience.

And when we say, 'You're my Lord, Jesus' -- and then He asks us to follow Him a certain direction and we go:  'Ummm.  No.  Later' -- that's disobedience.  And delayed obedience never brings joy.

But if your child says:  "Absolutely, Dad.  I'll do that right away.  What else can I do for you?" ... After we resuscitated you . . . what kind of joy would that bring?

Do you want real joy this Christmas?

Respond to God with immediate obedience.

And be blessed.

No comments: