Wednesday, July 5, 2017

QUESTION?

What sermon are you giving right now - with your words, your deeds, your thoughts?

What are you broadcasting about God?  Because we're all broadcasting something.  What are you saying about God right now with your life?

Are you disappointed in Him?
Are you angry with Him?  Upset with Him?
Or are you satisfied with Him?  Are you thankful and grateful at how faithful He's been to you?

None of us would say life has turned out just as we imagined.  It hasn't for me.

I had health issues when I was young -- we've had serious financial crises -- our marriage hasn't been easy 24/7 -- I've had seasons of depression and discouragement -- my father was absent -- I've struggled with self-esteem -- ministry has at times been hard -- I've made bad personal decisions -- our kids weren't perfect ---- but God has been faithful.

Yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Some of you are going through it right now.  I know some of your stories.  Here's an absolute promise:  God is faithful to you ... even in this.  Right now.

Not, 'Has it worked out the way you thought?'

I know the answer to that.  That isn't the question.  The question is, "Is God faithful and will He be tomorrow?"

That's the question.  I know the answer to that too.  Yes, He is ... and yes, He will be.

The enemy comes along and says God has abandoned you.  He's forgotten you.  You have no favor anymore.  And if the only evidence you're looking at is outward, physical evidence, that isn't all God promised.

He promised He'd stand with you.
He promised to give you help and peace and grace and strength.
He promised to always be near.

No question.

And be blessed.

No comments: