Tuesday, February 28, 2017

DOUBT

I don't know if you're much of a doubter ... like me.

You're probably better with that than I - and that's good.  But I can really be skeptical about a lot of things.

For instance - here's a short list of things I and others are dubious about:

The Government and Politicians
The News
Advertisements
Before & After Pictures
Diet Pills and Plans
Anything that says 'Free'
Big Corporations
Salesmen
Insurance Companies
People who say, 'I can quit whenever I want'
Terrorists
Guys with super long fingernails
Celebrities
Facebook Statuses
People who say they work 80 hours a week
People who smile all the time

There are a lot of things I tend to doubt.

When it comes to God, doubt is a lack of confidence that He's going to do what He said He would do.  It's the mindset that says, 'I don't know if God is going to come through.'

So let's put some things immediately on the table:


God has promised to provide for us.

'I will meet all your needs according to My glorious riches in Christ.'  (Philippians 4:19)

He never told us He would meet our greeds; He said He would meet our needs.

But what if He doesn't come through on that? That's doubt.


God has promised to protect us.

'No weapon formed against you will prevail.'  (Isaiah 54:17a)

But maybe something terrible is going to happen anyway.  That's doubt.


God has promised to prosper our souls.

'I will bestow favor and honor; no good thing will I withhold from those whose walk is blameless.'  (Psalm 84:11)

Your life won't lack one single thing that could increase your joy if you walk with God.


No need to doubt.

And be blessed.

No comments: