Thursday, January 26, 2017

GRIEVE

Ever made a commitment with your resources and you felt pretty good about it and then that week something big breaks at home?

Isn't that how it goes?

And the enemy of your soul says in your ear:  'See?  You shouldn't have given that.  You shouldn't made that commitment.  What are you going to do now?  You're so foolish.'

And we start to grieve what we'd already given or what we said we would give.

Imagine if I asked you for some money and after you gave it to me, I decided to give it in an offering.  I wouldn't be grieving that I gave that money.  You might be, but I wouldn't be.

Why wouldn't I grieve over it?  Because it wasn't mine.


The reason we sometimes grieve when we give is because we thought it was ours.


The reason we sometimes grieve when we give is because we thought it was ours.  But it isn't - not that first part.  It's God's.

In the same way the Bible says your body isn't your own.  It belongs to God, so what you do with it in all kinds of different ways is so important.

Same with your resources.  When we get the heart that we're giving back to God what is already His, we don't grieve over it any longer.

And be blessed.

No comments: