Monday, November 28, 2016

DOOR

Hundreds of years ago the apostle John - who had watched Jesus be crucified and then rise from the dead - makes this statement about Jesus:

'I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with Me.'  (Revelation 3:20)

Jesus says:  'I'm knocking because I can't get in.  I've been trying to reach you, trying to get through to you.  Time is running short.  Open the door and surrender, before it's too late.'

And because I love you, I'm going to keep on bugging you -- and because I love you, I'm going to keep putting pressure on you -- and because I love you, I'm going to keep sending people into your life to point out things you don't want pointed out -- and because I love you, I'm not going to let you rest.

He doesn't say that because He's upset with you - or angry with you - or frustrated with you.  He says that because He loves you.

God didn't spare His own Son in order to gain your salvation.  And He won't spare your health or your marriage or your career or your wealth in order to get your attention today.

I don't know if that's too controversial for you to hear, but if God wouldn't spare His own Son's life to save you, do you really think He'd spare anything else to get you to surrender to Him?  If He sacrificed His one and only Son to purchase your salvation on the cross, do you think there's anything else He wouldn't sacrifice to keep you connected to Him?

And be blessed.

No comments: