Tuesday, September 20, 2016

LESSON 18 - LOVER

During September I'm blogging each day about one thing I've learned from 35 years of doing ministry.  Not rocket science -- just tips that have served me well these past three decades.

Lesson #18 - Every leader needs a lover.

Just make sure it's your wife (or husband).

I have seen more tragedies than I want to admit over the past 30 years of people who started well and finished poorly in this area.

Pray to have eyes only for your wife/husband.

Do date nights.
Take her to the spa.
Have regular vacations.  Don't 'work hard' and then 'vacation hard.'  That's a terrible rhythm of life.
Write spontaneous notes.

You get the idea.  You did it when you were dating, so I know you know how to do it.  Just keep on doing it.

The grass isn't greener on the other side; it's greenest wherever you water it.

And be blessed.

No comments: