Thursday, September 22, 2016

LESSON 20 - SOMEBODY

During September I'm blogging each day about one thing I've learned from 35 years of doing ministry.  Nothing about it is rocket science -- they're just tips that have served me well these past three decades.

Lesson #20 - Don't try to be somebody you aren't.

To my discredit I've tried to do this from time to time - be somebody else.  It was always someone I deeply admired -- their personality -- their approach to ministry -- the way they handle conflict -- their preaching style -- I've tried to be somebody else.

I found I could keep that up -- for about 72 hours.  And the whole time I looked like a complete moron to everybody around me.

Plus, I go home exhausted every night.

Just be you, for heaven's sake.  God likes you the way you are.

And be blessed.

No comments: