Monday, September 19, 2016

LESSON 17 - NOTHING



During September I'm blogging each day about one thing I've learned from 35 years of doing ministry.  Not rocket science -- just tips that have served me well these past three decades.

Lesson #18 - Nothing is as good as it seems; nothing is as bad as it seems.

This one has taken me awhile - I'm still learning through it - but when it's all going wrong, it isn't going as wrong as you think, so don't beat yourself up over it.  Relax.  There's always tomorrow.  

And when it's going so great that you're ready to bronze yourself in the lobby, step back - it isn't going THAT great.  Really.  Deflate your head.  Honestly, we should regularly and consistently do an ego-mania self-check.

But either way, it has less to do with you than you think.

When your team succeeds, give them the credit.  When they fail, take some blame.  It just works.  Don't over-think that.  It just works.

And be blessed.

No comments: