Saturday, September 17, 2016

LESSON 15 - SAME

During September I'm blogging each day about one thing I've learned from 35 years of doing ministry.  Not rocket science -- just tips that have served me well these past three decades.

Lesson #15 - Be the same person at home as you are at the office.

Because little eyes watch ... little ears listen ... not to mention big eyes watch and listen, too.

Be real.  Be authentic.  Be genuine.  Have integrity.  Be the same person in private as you are when nobody's looking.

I once had a conversation with one of our daughters about something she was involved in that I didn't approve of.  During the course of the conversation she said to me:  "Dad, I think you're more concerned about YOUR reputation than you are about mine.'

Ouch.

My children will be more apt to love the Lord if I do.

We always tried to teach our kids that their choices and decisions should first be made because they were Christ-followers, not because their Dad was a pastor.

I've come to discover my children will be more apt to love the Lord ... if I do.

Be the same person at home as you are in the office.

And be blessed.

No comments: