Sunday, April 17, 2016

TRUST

I'm not saying it's easy to trust God.  Just that He calls us to - and that it's in our best interest to.

I have some personal areas where I struggle with trusting.  I'm not saying I don't trust.  I DO.  I'm just saying I sometimes struggle.  With ...

... my CASH.  Some people seem to have no problems in this area at all (I'm so jealous of them, which is also something I struggle with), but frankly I think those kind of people are far-and-few between.  It's an area of control for most of us.

But - as every preacher says at least once a month, even if it isn't exactly accurate:  Jesus talked more about money than He did anything else.

"Where your money and treasure is, that's where your heart is."  Jesus said that.

"Loving money is the root of all evil."  Paul said that.  He's real close to being Jesus.

We. Trust. Him.

... my RELATIONSHIPS.  Friendships -- marriage -- acquaintances -- all require trust.  I'm not single, but I imagine single folks have to trust double time for all the relational things they face that I don't.

Children?  Throughout the whole raising-a-family period, extreme trust in God was needed.  Now we're trusting from a distance for our grandchildren.


... my FUTURE.  What we decide to do with ourselves for life -- occupation -- vocation -- mission -- purpose -- calling -- matters a lot.  We hardly want to come to the end of it all and find we've put our hand, heart, head and time to something that mattered little, striving up ladders that ended nowhere.

So we put God first.  We listen to Him.  We follow Him.  We put our hope in Him.

We. Trust. Him.

And be blessed.

No comments: