Thursday, April 28, 2016

SECRET

So, I decided to share some secrets about myself today.  This is probably extremely unwise and chances are I'll take this post down in a couple of days when I've come to my senses.  But if you're fast you can catch it before I do.


- I was a ping pong champion in high school.

- As a teenager, I was in a trio that won a national first place trophy at a Fine Arts Festival Competition (Think, a really bad version of 'The Voice.')

- I used to spend hours on the floor, running my Matchbox cars around a braided oval rug.  I stopped doing this last year.  I still have a collection of 50 vintage Matchbox.

- I once shook hands with Ronald Reagan.

- In college I poured boiling hot water on my frozen car windshield.  Yeah.

- I play the piano really well (if I say so myself), including reading classical music, chord charts, etc.  I was also the pianist for 3 years for a national traveling choir of 50, where I met Joelene.  She was a vocalist in the choir.

- I've never had a cavity.

- I spent the summer doing my College Internship in Capetown, South Africa.

- I've left my debit card at Menard's four times.  (I don't have to show my ID anymore when I go back to pick it up now.)

- I proposed to my wife in the backseat of a Ford on the way from Tulsa, Oklahoma to Springfield, Missouri.  (Don't judge me.)

- Oreos are my biggest food weakness.

- I was in a car accident when I was 5 that put me in the hospital, caused me to have surgery on my brain (I know that explains a lot) and a diagnosis that I might not live.

- Except for Saturday nights between 6p-8p and Sunday mornings between 9a-noon, I am an introvert.

- I was a vegetarian for 3 months once.

- When it comes to women, I have extremely high standards.  But you actually DO know that about me, because of who I married.  This fact transfers to my three amazing daughters as well.

- I have an unhealthy obsession for the TV show 'King of Queens.'

- I've been to 48 states (Alaska and Hawaii, here I come).

- I prefer sleeping with a warm bed with the covers pulled up over my head (I'm sure there's an analysis there somewhere).

- I've been to 35 countries of the world, but I've never been to South America.  Yet.

- I once lost 30 pounds in a few weeks.

- My middle name is Scott.

- I used to be mortally afraid to stand in front of people and speak.

- I have a tattoo.  (There.  It's out.  Sorry.  Please don't hate me.  It's just one.  That's all I'm going to say about that.  Except that it's my wife's fault.)

- I've eaten grubs, grasshoppers and a scorpion.  Yeah, on purpose.

- I have a super soft spot in my heart for people who are bullied and a super hard spot in my heart for bullies.

- I refuse to own a car that isn't black.

- I'm the E-mail King of the World.

- My favorite book of the Bible is Ephesians and my life verse is Acts 13:36.

- I think it would be a far better world if everyone spoke in rhymes, but I don't understand poetry.

- I've ridden both a camel and an elephant.

- My sense of smell is very poor, considering the size of my nose.

- I have about 1,000 books on the shelves of my office library.

- I'm a huge fan of believing the best about everyone.

- I love sushi.

- Even though I've shared a few of mine today, I can keep secrets really, really well.

- I thought this was fun and easy and I could have added a lot more.


And be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really? Acts 13: 36? "Now when David had served God’s purpose in his own generation, he fell asleep; he was buried with his ancestors and his body decayed"? Interesting. True humility. And purpose. I'm starting to like it.

PK's BLOG said...

Yes, really. :)