Sunday, March 27, 2016

CHAPTER

We were just in Israel two weeks ago and visited the traditional site of the empty tomb.  It isn't a fable.  It happened.  He rose from the grave.  For real.

The power of the story of Jesus exploded from that day to this because they saw the impossible with their own eyes and they wrote a story that matters to us 2,000 years later.

It's a story that tells us death is no longer dangerous because Jesus conquered it.  That's why we can stand in a cemetery and clench our fists at the agony of someone dying -- and although it hurts, if that person placed their faith in Christ, we can say with confidence:  It doesn't end here.

When we sit in hospitals with people we love and watch them tragically fade with cancer we can say with assurance:  Sickness will not have the final say because He is risen -- and because of that, I too will live eternally.

We don't have to be afraid of death.  And those of us who know Christ, aren't.

That's the good news of Easter.  But there's more.

When we believe in Him - when we trust Him - we receive power into our lives to be changed.

'If the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies thru His Spirit who dwells in you.'  (Romans 8:11)


Your story matters.

Over the course of my life, the power of God has changed me.

I've been selfish, but God by His power over time has made me more generous.

I've been prideful, but God by His power over time has brought humility into my life.

I've had a thought life that was out of control, but God by His power over time has helped me think on good things.

I've been impatient, but God by His power over time has brought me patience.

I've been a mess.  But the power of God over time is making me new.

Your story matters too.  A new chapter is waiting to be written.

It's simple:
Admit you've made mistakes.
Believe Jesus is God's Son and that He died on a cross for your sin.
Commit yourself to a life of following Jesus.

And be blessed.

No comments: