Sunday, October 18, 2015

OPTION

God mainly works through other people to bring healing and restoration.  We think all that comes directly and exclusively from God Himself, but it doesn't.  God uses people in our lives.

A lot.

We're called to travel the journey together.

And a church that fails to practice the kind of behavior where folks are positively involved in the lives of others -- a church that becomes a place full of independent, isolated individuals -- becomes a place where I don't tell you about my life and you don't tell me about yours -- you don't meddle in my affairs and I don't meddle in yours -- you don't tell me what's happening and I don't tell you -- you work out your own problems and I work out mine.

But the apostle Paul says to specifically accept the burden and trouble and inconvenience of helping hurting people be repaired and healed.

When I have a burden, I need to call for help -- but the rest of the time I need to spend looking for folks who need help and serving them.

It isn't an option to sit on the sidelines and say, "I don't feel called to get involved with the people of Journey Church" (or whatever church you belong to).

That isn't an option.

We're called to travel the journey together.  You and me.

And be blessed.

No comments: