Thursday, September 24, 2015

BIRTHDAY

First of all, I completely realize there is something totally wrong with me and this post could point to some psychological condition, but ...

Yesterday was my birthday.  (Thank you to everyone who sent me a warm greeting.)  

I don't know if I like birthdays any more.  It isn't really about getting older so much.  I don't really mind being fifty-#%$!^ years old.  I think I get cheaper meals at some eating establishments now, so that isn't all bad.

And I kind of like people making a big deal of me one day a year.  I think that's a fantastic idea.  I'd be for that on other days of the year as well.  I completely support that concept.

And Facebook blows up on your birthday so that's fun.

It might be the presents, I'm not sure.  I mean, the thought that somebody went out and thought they had to buy me something out of partial obligation --- "It's his birthday, so I'd better" --- is kind of unsettling.  It's funny, because I don't really mind that the other 364 days of the year --- 'For me?  For what?  No reason?  Wow.  Thanks!'  That's nice.

But usually I'm ready to go to sleep on September 23rd so I can start September 24th as soon as possible and just be normal again.  Like today.

Maybe the best thing about a birthday in the 50s decade is that you've finally come into your own.  I was in that awkward phase that started around age 13 and lasted until somewhere around 44 so it feels good to have at last come thru on the other side of that.

Maybe I overdid it when I said I didn't like birthdays any more.  I guess they're OK.  Now that I think about it, mine was actually pretty good this year.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy B-day belated PK. I love it when anyone goes out of there way for me but love the 364 other days of the year where the random acts of kindness and love flow...
I love how you come to your own...wonder what 60 or 70 will bring...journey and never a destination -yes?

Be Blessed and thanks for the post....
WMS