Friday, July 17, 2015

PREP

It's amazing how much prep time it takes just to schedule a rest.

You have this major exhilaration at the thought that "I'm about to enjoy a nice relaxing rest on the sofa in the cool of my living room."

But before you can enjoy it - before you actually sit down - there are things you have to do first so you can truly relish the rest period.

I need to shut a few of the curtains so it's nice and cool in the room.  Done.
Maybe I should pour myself a cool glass of iced tea so I'll have it at my fingertips while I lay.  Check.
Oh yeah, I really should go to the bathroom real quick so I don't have to interrupt my rest time by getting up later.
Where's the remote?
I need a good book.
A bowl of M&Ms.
Where's my cellphone?  I need to silence that first.

And before you know it, rest period is over.

Jesus has a pretty simple prescription when it comes to getting rest.  He says, 'Come to Me.  Just ... come to Me ... and I will give you the rest you seek.'

Come is a call to surrender.  It's a call to submit yourself to His Lordship.

There's no major prep.

No second guessing.

No regrets.

Just perfect rest.

Come ... 

And be blessed.

No comments: