Saturday, January 10, 2015

MEMORABLE

Journey Church is blessed with such an amazing team of men and women.

They love God with all their hearts.
They serve selflessly and tirelessly.
They have marriages and families that reflect Jesus.
They want to see our cities come to know God.

Oh yeah, they're fun to be around too.

For the past couple of days we've all been together, families included - 60+ of us - enjoying some indoor water park fun - eating - laughing - learning together.

Memorable and defining moments.

Our guest speaker, Nate Ruch, laid down some great principles to live by and do ministry by.  Here are a few talking points from our "SoulKeeping" weekend:

* Idolatry is filling the soul with anything other than God.

* If I don't pay attention to my own soul, everyone in my path will pay a price.

* Ruthlessly eliminate hurry from your life.  Hurry is not the same as busy; we won't able to eliminate busyness.

* Discipline yourself around the 'big rocks' in your schedule.

* When it comes to life boundaries, who/what gets a "YES" and why?

* Culture = the way we do things around here
* Climate = how people feel when they experience the culture


Joelene and I could not be more blessed than to do life and ministry with these uber-amazing folks:


And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, JC has a terrific team. Of course, I think you are an amazing pastor, but you already knew that.

One other special pastor that I came to know better is Pastor Lisa and her husband, Jim. I think she is such an awesome and accepting and understanding woman. I always appreciated the caring she showed towards me as I went thru my struggles and my progress. I truly do miss the two of them. For anyone who wants to break free from something that has kept you away from God in your journey, I highly recommend Freedom Seekers. They are very non-judgmental.

I met many kind and sweet friends at JC. Plenty of times I see some of them at work.

Anyway, that was my experience at JC. You both made a difference in my life in a good way.