Sunday, November 16, 2014

FAITH

Faith.

It's the only thing God says we need in order to please Him.

Faith.

The Divine surge of hope and confidence that rises in a person when faced with a specific situation or need.

Faith.

To be sure of the things we hope for, to be certain of the things we can't see.

Sure.  Certain.  To have a firm persuasion and conviction.

It's saying I'm convinced about God and about this thing.  Because you'll never be healed of your sickness until you're convinced God is good and that He's powerful to take care of your situation.

What is in your life that's non-negotiable about God?  You know that you know that you know.  Where you land on that question, that's faith -- or the lack of it.  What is it you can say about God, 'I'm absolutely convinced and certain about this?'

'What is in your life that's non-negotiable about God?'

For instance, I know that I know that I know that my wife, Joelene, is faithful to me because of what I know that I know that I know about her.

One, she's crazy about me and madly in love with me.

Two, I'm certain that no matter what happens between us, we're in permanent covenant together.  That's a non-negotiable between us.

That's how I can say, "I have faith in Joelene and Joelene has faith in me.'

What is it you're sure of and certain of about God?  What will you not negotiate down about God, no matter what you see or hear?

That's faith.

And be blessed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

PK, do you think you have faith in most everything with God? I asked myself that question and it, honestly, made me feel a little sad. I have lost my faith in many ways. I guess I have some measure of faith that God will still welcome me back if I turn to Him. Many times I have thought that I should get back to church and pray again. I still stay away because I know I would have to change. I'm one of those people that thinks that I 'will' someday...but what if I die before it's too late to repent? Life holds no guarantees as to how long we have. This worries me. Oh well, sometimes your blog makes me look at things I wish I could ignore. That is not what God wants at all.

I know there have been many occasions in my life that God has seen me thru. I 'hoped' that He would, but that is different in a true faith that He would. Plenty of times I couldn't believe He did. I don't deserve it.

BTW, I am so glad you and Joelene have a wonderful marriage. You are a special and lovely couple. :)

PK's BLOG said...

Your best shot at this life is to get back to church, do life with somebody in someway, and press toward Jesus, imperfect as you are. We are all imperfect but God loves us.

Anonymous said...

One thing I can do...today...is watch and catch up on a couple of sermons. I prayed that God would pull me back to Him and that I will hear something that I need to hear from Him. I am off today with no plans. I promise I will follow thru to God and to you. I used to always love to come to church or listen to Christian talk radio and hear from God. I always knew it was Him speaking to me because it was something relating to my life situation at the time. I'll settle in and start now.

One thing I do know is that God is good.

PK's BLOG said...

That's great. I hope you do that. It isn't the same as being with Gods people in person.

Anonymous said...

I just finished your message about how the Holy Spirit is not for looks, He is for use. At the end, you ask for us to open our hearts a little more to Him. Wherever we are in our journey. Just a little more. I prayed for that and I felt this warmth wash over my body. I used to feel that before when I would pray. It's been a very long time. Today is going to be a 'fast' in a sense. Not to give something up, but open my heart and spend the day with Him.