Monday, November 17, 2014

ATM

Most of us say when talking about faith -- 'I have faith for my healing ... I have faith for my job situation ... I have faith for my marriage to work out.'  

But that isn't a phrase used anywhere in the Bible.

Rather, say: 'I have faith in GOD,' not faith for something.

I have faith in God that He'll supply - I have faith in God for healing - I have faith in God that He's going to take care of my family - I have faith in God for something, but never faith for something.

'I have faith in God - not faith for something.'

The centurion who asked Jesus to heal his servant had his prayer answered not because he asked for healing but because he was fully convinced in the power of God to do it.

God isn't an ATM.  'Do it, God.  You said You would.'  It isn't instant God in a microwave.  Thirty seconds and out pops the complete meal.  I won't give Him my time, I won't serve the things of the Kingdom, but by gum, when I pray to Him, I deserve answers.

No.

God wants our faith and devotion first - before any prayers are answered.  We'll see miracles happen. We'll see healing take place.  But we give our worship first.  We put our faith in God first.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"The centurion who asked Jesus to heal his servant had his prayer answered not because he asked for healing but because he was fully convinced in the power of God to do it."

Hmmm...when you say it this way, I definitely have faith in God's power over my life. I am unwavering in that part. He can give me joy or He can discipline me. I am very cognizant of that. I do need to give Him my heart and spend time with Him, though. I never expect His blessings, but when He does, I am grateful. I'm often surprised at the grace He gives me.

I like the prayer you posted on your FB page. It is easy to remember and say often. I hope the sermon is loaded on the website soon. I am looking forward to watching it. You said it is Day 1. How long are you all doing it?