Wednesday, September 10, 2014

TRUETT

In honor of Truett Cathy -- founder and longtime chairman of Chick-Fil-A -- who died at the age of 93 this week --

- 'Sometimes success is disguised as hard work.'

- 'It is when we stop doing our best work that our enthusiasm for the job wanes.'

- 'Businesses are not dishonest or greedy, people are.'

- 'People want to work with a person, not for a company.'

- 'Many of the unexpected opportunities we encounter are small but significant.'

- 'I try to store any material in my hand, not my heart, so that I always feel free to give it away when the opportunity rises.'

- 'One of the most meaningful truisms I have learned about leadership is that it's all about action.'

- 'I'm a successful business man, but also I like being known that I've been a good father.'

- 'It's easy to lose sight of the things that really matter when we have all the comforts we desire.'

- 'Repetition yields constants.  Constants create culture.'

------ TRUETT CATHY

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr Cathy was welcomed to heaven as he helped so many people so many of his employees he was kind to and he also helped kids .it is a wonderful example that he did not compromise his Christian convictions against abortion and forced birth control with health care. and he was closed on Sunday the businesses so the people could get a day off. He was against immorality and a homosexual lifestyle which is condemned in the Bible. Mr Cathy was very generous to help the poor and one time when I went to Chick fil A a single mother with two kids her credit card was not working so the manager gave her the meals for free that is what a generous man he was and he told his employees to be kind and generous as well