Tuesday, July 15, 2014

OPTION

In less than 6 months from now, we'll be headed into another year, 2015.  

I hope I didn't just depress you.

But let's say Jesus came into your room right now -- today -- July 15, 2014 -- and said: "2015 is coming.  As you get up and start your day and walk out your front door I'll give you the choice of Option A or Option B."  Just like 'Let's Make a Deal' -- you can have the box or the curtain.  Which will it be?

'Be honest.  Which would you choose?'

Option A is:  'I can make 2015 a really easy, comfy year for you.  Everything will go your way - your marriage will be amazing - if you're looking for a spouse, she's coming in 2015 -- if you need a better job where you make three times what you make now, you'll get it -- nobody in your family is going to get sick -- the sick ones will get well -- you're going to develop a six-pack set of abs -- etc.  Good?  Now, know this -- at the end of 2015, you won't be any stronger spiritually than you are right now.  You won't be any closer to Me, but it will be a fun year.'

OR ...

Option B:  '2015 will be a year of hardship.  It won't be easy, but you and I are going to get tight.  So close.  You're going to experience Me and My goodness like you've never known.  At the end of 2015 you'll hardly recognize yourself.  You'll be so far beyond who and what you are right now -- steadfast -- virtuous -- strong -- wise -- patient -- Godly.  I'm going to get you thru 2015, but it's going to be tough.'

So you walk out your front door and there's Jesus -- two options -- A or B?

Be honest.  Which would you choose?

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...that's a tough choice, to be honest. If I walked out the door and Jesus was really there and would be around, then I might choose B. If I could be very, very close with Him, then that would be amazing. Right now I haven't been doing the things to feel close to Him and that is my choice. It is not He who is far away. It is me. I just do much better in my life when I have a person there to have a relationship with.

As things stand now, with Jesus being there thru the Holy Spirit, then I most likely would...to be honest...pick A. I tend to be an 'immediate gratification' person. Who wouldn't want a fun-filled year? I know I would. I am having a very hard time seeing 'forever.' I really do live in the moment. Heaven seems a long ways away.

"At the end of 2015 you'll hardly recognize yourself. You'll be so far beyond who and what you are right now -- steadfast -- virtuous -- strong -- wise -- patient -- Godly." I would like to be a better person than I am today (esp wise). The question is, 'Am I willing to sacrifice today to be that woman?' That is the real question.

I remember, a while back, when you asked "What and where would you like to be a year from now...five years from now, etc?" I would like to have my own place (no roommates)..a condo would be awesome. Have a promotion to a supervisor and make more money. Have a decent savings account. Buy a new car. Travel a bit. Be wise!!! That's why I ask you for your advice and your opinion so often. I think you are very wise. Anyway, that is my wish list off the top of my head. I imagine I could think of another dozen in a while.