Friday, July 11, 2014

CONFORMED

Don't be conformed to the world.

I used to hear that sentence a lot when I was younger from people who didn't think I should be doing some of the things I wanted to do.

Fair enough.

'You can avoid all kinds of worldly behaviors and still not be transformed.'

I agree that we shouldn't be conformed to the world.  That's good on my part because Jesus thru Paul the apostle already said we shouldn't be.  So it's really good to agree with both of them.

But non-conformity to the world doesn't primarily mean the avoidance of external worldly behaviors, even though that's the stuff we usually focus on.  Those things are included but they aren't most of it.  Because you can avoid all kinds of worldly behaviors and still not be transformed.  The Christ alternative to immoral behaviors isn't a brand new list of moral behaviors.

It's the transformation of our insides by the power of the Holy Spirit.

And be blessed.

No comments: