Friday, June 20, 2014

LoVE

Time flies.  Thirty-three years ago today --- June 20, 1981 --- I married a beautiful lady - inside and out - Joelene Marie Hardt.  

The story of the first time we ever met has oft been told - it was on the campus of Central Bible College in Springfield, Missouri.  It was 1979.  I was introduced to Joelene by her brother Darrell, who was already a junior on campus, as was I.

She tells the story that I ignored her in that first moment - the only lad in the group of lads she was introduced to who did so.  My version is that I was stalking her from that second forward - like a caged lion - peeking from the tall grasses - waiting for my opportunity - not too seemingly eager, but knowing beyond doubt now which gazelle I wanted.

(Was that weird just then?)

Anyway -- since then, she has been the LoVE of my life --
Stunningly beautiful (those eyes!) -
Incredibly gifted --
Amazingly wise --
Awesomely caring --
Wonderfully Godly --
Shockingly patient --
Fascinatingly interesting --
Surprisingly multi-faceted --
The LoVE of my life.


'I carry your heart with me
I am never without it
Anywhere I go, you go, my dear
And whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling
I fear no fate
For you are my fate, my sweet
I want no world
For beautiful, you are my world
You are whatever a moon has always meant
And whatever a sun will always sing is you.

Here is the deepest secret nobody knows
Here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
And the sky of the sky of a tree called life
Which grows higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide
This is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart.

I carry your heart in my heart.'    -- E.E. Cummings


Joelene Hardt Taylor -- you have only grown more beautiful to me over the years.  Let time go on.

I am blessed.



2 comments:

The Wamsley's said...

Your love and commitment are a gift to anyone who has ever had the privilidge of knowing you. Happy Anniversary to a wonderful couple.
Blessings beyond measure,
Kathie & Jim Wamsley

Unknown said...

This brought tears to my eyes! Such beautiful words a husband to a wife. So devoted. I love it! Thank you for showing what the true love of a Christ centered marriage is all about. I love you both. Congratulations!!