Wednesday, June 18, 2014

BRAIN-TEASER

If you're going to take a dream and make it your life, you have to have a dream that's worth your life. As many people as are reading this, that's how many dreams are present -- dreams for career -- dreams for family -- dreams for future ...

Did you know we were created with an insatiable curiosity and a built-in creativity that we often lose as we get older?


Here's a little brain teaser for you.  Which of these numbers is most different from the others?
1     One
2     Eleven
3     Thirteen







I'm providing some space here so you don't look and cheat.  Get back up there and figure it out.











OK.

If you're like most people, you concentrated on the 'spelled out' numbers -- one, eleven and thirteen.  But who told you to ignore the 'notational' numbers, 1, 2 & 3?  If you included them in your deliberation, as children often do, you would have easily picked the number 2 as the right answer -- because it's the only even number and the only number without a 1 or a 3 in it.  Children often see all the numbers.  But as we get older, we let our creativity get put in well-crafted boxes.

There was a Kindergarten study done years ago.  The class was asked: 'How many of you think you're creative?'  One hundred percent of the class raised their hands.  Four years later - the very same children, now entering 5th grade - were asked the same question - only 40% raised their hands.  By the time those children got to 12th grade, less than 10% raised their hands to say they thought they were creative people.

We lose our dream.

I think there are people who believe they've gone so far down a wrong road they couldn't possibly ever have a new dream.

They're wrong.

God's dream and His peace and hope and joy are all part of His master plan for you.  No matter how your dream seems to be coming along right now ... keep believing ... keep planning ... keep acting ... keep going.

And be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen brother. The good work He started in me, He will complete to his glory. I would say I keep pushing forward, but I deserve none of the credit. Its all Him. Thank You Lord and thank You for putting your humble servant PK in our lives

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I didn't get the puzzle either. I can't say that I have a dream and a burning desire to achieve, etc. I think to travel would be a dream, though. The first place I would love to go is Washington, DC. I am intensely interested in politics and all that it entails(history, for instance.) I see it as out of my budget, but maybe sometime I will make it a priority at tax time. That would be amazing!

I don't see myself as creative in a traditional sense. But I can easily see connections in the world. Life (minute and the expansive)...the physical world...world affairs and issues...so many things, it's hard to discuss. I suppose it takes a certain amount of creativity to have a natural ability to do that. I have said before that the internet is like a huge spider-web and I am terribly grateful to be born in an age to take full advantage of the knowledge it provides.

I am terribly curious in many ways. My interests are diverse, so I seem to flit from one thing to another, but I always come back to what I was doing. Life and the universe are...I don't even know the word. God created a masterpiece for us. From the smallest atom to the endless universes. I could never tire of exploring one part or another.

When you speak of career dreams, I am completely comfortable in my job as it is. It allows me time of my own to pursue the things that capture my attention. I just don't want to be bogged down in a 50-60 hr. workweek. And as far as relationships, I am perfectly content on my own. I have my immediate family and that is enough. So, that leaves travel and seeing life around me. I may never make it overseas, but I CAN dream about it and maybe, just maybe, I will make it happen...to be continued...