Wednesday, April 23, 2014

COMPLETELY

Here's God --- looking around --- searching --- for people whose hearts are completely turned toward Him.

Completely?  If that's so, I'm afraid I'm out.  You?

None of us have perfect hearts like that.

So what does that mean?

He's looking for people whose hearts make important to them what's important to Him.  People whose hearts aren't just saying, 'How do I make my business work?  How do I make my marriage work?  How do I make my finances work?'

These aren't people consumed with their own deal, but with God's deal.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PK, do you ever have times when you let the busyness of your day cause you to put God's business aside? Surely you do? I wonder, as a pastor, if you are like the rest of us? You are simply surrounded by believers, so I am sure it is not as hard as some of us. In your blog, it sounds like you are mostly plugged in. I suppose you are, but I am sure you have had some valleys.

I admire your upbringing and your Mom. It has given you a laser-focus and a devout belief. I have one brother and SIL who are devout Christians, but they live in AZ.

Don't get me wrong. Of course I believe in God and I believe that Jesus is my Savior. I've always searched for Him. I can still remember one summer going to vacation Bible School. I learned John 3:16 and I never forgot it throughout all of the years.

I see God in the sunshine. I like to go for walks in nature and see His shining face in the sky, warm against my face. I absolutely know He is there with me. I'm glad summer is on its way. I need the light to feel whole and happy.

PK, how do you continually stay in God's presence?