Thursday, March 13, 2014

WISDOM

If you could ask God for anything, what would it be?  If you were given the choice to treat God just like a genie and get one wish, what would you ask for?

King Solomon did a lot of things wrong - but one great thing he did, when asked that very question by God, said:  'Of all the things I could have in the whole world, I'd like a listening heart.'  Literally, 'I want wisdom.'

Give me a wise heart.

And God gave that to him.

'God has to be enough or we're going to want everything but Him.'

Think about that.  If God said to you --- 'Ask anything of Me, (insert your name here), and I'll give it to you.'  Of all the things possible, what would you ask for?

I'm not sure I'd ask for wisdom.  I don't know what I'd ask for, but I doubt it would be wisdom.

Here's what you and I need to know -- whatever you'd ask for is where you are at risk.  Whatever makes the list above wisdom, that's where you have to go to work -- that's what you have to surrender.  Because God has to be enough, or we're going to want everything but Him.

Think about what makes the list for you above wisdom.  What is it?

And be blessed.

No comments: