Monday, March 31, 2014

QUIT

Human effort alone isn't going to manufacture the character of God in your life because the character of God can't be produced by your flesh.  It's only created in you by the Spirit of God.

You get into the presence of God, and His Spirit begins to re-shape your heart and your mind and your motives and your thoughts and your attitudes so that you begin to take on His character.

But you have to stay in the process of allowing God to work inside of you.  If you surrender to Christ, He will ultimately produce these things in you and me.

But it isn't always easy and some folks end up quitting the process.

'Don't quit Jesus.'

There were some who were part of our church just a year ago -- on fire for God -- fully devoted to Him -- serving Him like crazy -- but for whatever reason circumstances happened and it got too hard, too much, too long, and they just flat-out quit.  They aren't here today and they aren't serving God today.

That isn't me judging anyone; I love them.

But if you asked them, 'Do you believe in God?' they'd say, 'Sure I do.  Why are you even asking me that?'

They believe in God, but they're not in the process of the Spirit.  They quit.

Proverbs 20:6 - "There are many who will say, 'I am loyal,' but can anyone find a man who is really faithful?"  (MSG)

Don't quit Jesus.

And be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow....this really hit me. I have not quit on God. I think that I have Him on the back-burner. As if that is possible with the Creator of the universe. Do many people come and go in their relationship with God? I've been way too caught up in my life lately. I, honestly, haven't given Him too much thought. I am so grateful for this blog to bring me 'round to my senses. He deserves so much more of me. Gosh, do I feel completely convicted right now. Many times, I am just interested in what you have to say. This time it hit me in the gut...

Susie Milo said...

Excellent post!
I always have God with me (because I don't ever want to go back to how it was when He wasn't a central part of my life), but I do find that there is a gentle ebb & flow to the level of attention I direct toward Him.
I'm always SO much happier when I'm totally immersed in my relationship with God. (Why do I get so busy that I lapse in the attention I give to Him? It's kind of like falling asleep at the wheel). I snap back to attention and realize what I'm doing, and what is missing, and I correct my steering to get fully back onto His path.
There is just such an amazing feeling of being connected to my source.
I'll never quit!
I can't do this on my own, and I definitely need to keep my head, heart, and soul fully immersed in Jesus.