Saturday, January 4, 2014

WAND

It bothers me a great deal that our great and awesome God - who delivered the Israelites - who parted the Red Sea - who drowned Pharaoh and all his armies - who saved us thru the death and resurrection of Jesus - who could wave His magic wand over me - maybe sprinkle some holy dust on my head and make it so I'd never be susceptible to temptation again ---- doesn't.

I know I'm a new man by His salvation.  I know my heart has become new.  So why doesn't He automatically make it possible for me to just get along with everybody now?  Why am I not a perfectly selfless, sacrificial, patient, disciplined guy?

WHY!?

I think one of the reasons might be that if He did, I wouldn't really need Him any longer.  And if He did, I suppose the wild animals of self-reliance and independence and arrogance would rush out of their closets and gang up on me and soon I'd be in a worse state than when I started.

'God is all you have and God is all you need.'

In order to continue the process of life brokenness that is so necessary for the Christ walk - so you know God is all you have and God is all you need, He allows changes to come, but they come little by little - not all at once, but day by day - week by week - month by month - year by year - battle by battle - small group session by small group session - worship time by worship time - message by message - Scripture by Scripture - brick by brick ----- God is making you like Christ.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Deuteronomy 7: 22 One of my favorite verses.

"The Lord your God will drive out those nations before you, little by little. You will not be allowed to eliminate them all at once, or the wild animals will multiply around you."