Tuesday, January 21, 2014

1

My signature seems to be getting worse the older I get.  It isn't that my actual writing is deteriorating, I think I just don't care as much.  I'm not sure if that's good or bad - it just is.

God has a signature as well.  It's all over the Bible - His plan of community.  God, who exists as Three, is One.

1 + 1 + 1 = 1.

Then God creates humans in His image - male and female.

1 + 1 = 1.

Later on, God will create 12 tribes, but they will be one.

1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 1

God's math is so easy.  The answer is always 1.

'How good and pleasant it is when brothers and sisters dwell together in unity' -- as 1.

Jesus prays for His followers - you and me - 'I pray that they can be one.  As You, Father, are in Me and I am in You, may they also be one in Us.'

'You and I are invited into the Divine circle.'

That's an amazing verse.  You and I are invited into the Divine circle.  But it is no casual request.  There is an enormous admission fee to the circle.

The Son will go to the cross.
The Father will see His beloved Son crushed.
The Spirit will allow Himself to be quenched and grieved.
At great cost to each person of the Trinity, you and I have been welcomed into the circle.

And be blessed.

No comments: