Saturday, December 28, 2013

RESCUED

If you've ever felt condemned by Christians, they're the ones who sent the wrong message.  If you've ever felt condemned by the church, they sent you a wrong signal.

Because the message of the Gospel isn't:  "God sent His one and only Son into the world to let you know what a filthy, rotten, dirty, piece of garbage you are."  That isn't good news.

No.  God sent His Son into the world in order that the world might be saved thru Him.

Saved.  Rescued.  Rescued is - we were once separated from God and now we aren't.  Rescued is - I wonder what's going to happen to me when I die - to - Now I know what's going to happen.  Rescued is - I wonder what God thinks about me - to - Now I know what God thinks about me.

' . . . in that moment, God still loves you.'

Period.  End of story.  End of the Gospel.  Beginning of the good news.

I could never talk you into anything.  If you aren't convinced that Jesus came into the world as a baby - lived sinlessly - died on a cross for your sins as your substitute ---- then there's no point in saying you believe what you don't believe.

But -- you should know -- that 2 months - a year - five years from now -- should something happen and you begin to doubt your disbelief and have questions about your questions -- if it's your last breath -- if it's a moment of desperation -- in that moment, God loves you - He sent His Son for you.

It will still be true - there's no time limit - whoever - whenever - wherever - you place your trust in God's Son, you'll receive the gift of Jesus and become a child of God.

Whoever - wherever - whenever --- but why not today?

And be blessed.

No comments: