Sunday, November 3, 2013

WARDROBE

In my closet is an array of sport coats.  Most of them are size 42 long.  That's tailored to my body and that fits me.  If I walked in with a size 64 short, you'd look at me and say: 'You need to go back home and re-dress yourself because that doesn't even come close to fitting you.'

Unforgiveness doesn't fit you, follower of Jesus.  What does fit you?  What is the expected fruit of your life?  It's love - joy - peace - patience - faithfulness - kindness - goodness - humility - gentleness - self-control.  Is unforgiveness anywhere in that list?  That isn't in your wardrobe.

'You cannot be fully right with God or at peace with Him and be wearing hostility, bitterness and unforgiveness.'

But if I wear it anyway, even though it doesn't fit me, that's a decision I make - and I make it to my own damage.  Because sometimes unforgiveness has consequences we never dreamed of - and if we could just have seen it in advance - in our children - in our families - in our business - in our personal relationships --- if we could have seen it in advance, we'd have taken it off and gotten rid of it.

You cannot be fully right with God or at peace with Him and be wearing hostility, bitterness and unforgiveness -- you cannot.

Put on forgiveness, friend.

Cancel the debt.

And be blessed.

No comments: