Tuesday, November 5, 2013

SECRET

Did anyone open this blog page hoping, longing, aching that what you read here would make you lose heart?

Did anyone hope to be discouraged?

Did anyone expect to have the breath knocked right out of your hope?

Did anyone come desiring to have your motivation for going on stripped from you?

Is there anyone who says, 'Help me be hopeless?  Help me be so discouraged I can't go on?'

No.

'Psssst.  I have the secret.'

If I could offer you a secret that would be the answer to find continual strength, hope and joy, would any of you say, 'Forget it,  I'm not interested in that?  I don't want to hear about any secrets that will cause me to live in perpetual joy, satisfaction, purpose and hope.  Call me back when you have something less encouraging?'

If you really believed I had a secret like that, you'd want to know about it -- wouldn't you?

Psssst.  I have the secret.

Stay tuned.

And be blessed.

2 comments:

jo- said...

tuned in...

Anonymous said...

Yes, I have been in the pit of depression and hopelessness before. I just didn't want to go on. But I want to encourage anyone who is in that place. It really will get better. God won't leave your side. He loves you and He will hold you during these times. He saved me, both literally and figuratively. And He changed my life. I am so much happier now. Please, don't give up...the sun is going to come up in your pit of darkness. In the meantime, I am looking forward to hearing the secret...