Tuesday, November 26, 2013

LIB·ER·AL

lib-er-al (adj.) -- occurring in generous amounts

We are never more like God's nature than when we bless people who have hurt us.  God has called followers of His to be liberal with their love - liberal with their words of affirmation and kindness - liberal with their resources ---- because God has been liberal with us.

'We are never more like God's nature than when we bless people who have hurt us.'





God has been so rich toward us, even when we were ornery rascals, and now, we're going to be tight with our love to others?  We're going to be stingy in our spirits?  We're going to be selective and miserly about who we speak kindly to and about who we grant our love and acceptance to?

Today we hear talk all the time about what others deserve.  That talk should never come from our mouths.  Do you want talk about what you deserve?

No, don't go there.

Instead, we would say: 'God has dealt graciously with me, according to His mercy.'

Yes.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can forgive someone fairly easily, but some hurts last a bit longer than others. I think that the ones we love most can be a little bit harder to handle. All said, though, I can always forgive the ones I love...I love them, after all, and nothing would change that. Having said that, I don't long bother with slights or disapproval from the folks that are not near and dear to my heart.

I do think it is important to talk about it, though. Not in a mean way, but to acknowledge your feelings. No one wants to hold a grudge and let things fester inside.

In many situations I find that both parties bear some responsibility and it is important to apologize for your part. My parents never apologize for anything and it bothers me longer than if they did. I imagine I would faint if they did.

Anyway, I have been thru some very terrible situations in my life, so I don't want to minimize anyone else's pain at all. I've been lucky. I have put my past behind me.