Wednesday, November 13, 2013

GIRAFFES

I never want to get "too big for my britches," a Midwest phrase my mom used to say.

I've heard it said that pastors should 'understand high and communicate low.'  In other words, study and research and think and chew on it all day long (that's 'high') --- and then say it like your mama can understand it (no offense, mom, but that's 'low').

J. Packer said: 'God called us to feed sheep, not giraffes.'  

For instance - this would be the WRONG way to do it.

 

We all appreciate your knowledge and education, but go 'low' without going shallow. There's a difference.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Keith Daugherty said...

I love his lecture/promo. I understood about three words. I do think you should preach one sermon talking just like this guy! The whole sermon! I might even come back to K-town for the weekend just to listen to you!