Sunday, October 13, 2013

CONSIDERING

Reconcile in your mind that this Man named Jesus, who carried a cross on His shoulders - was mocked, beaten, whipped, had a crown of thorns shoved onto his head - did it 'for the joy' that lay before Him.

I don't know if you can make real sense of that.  It's hard.

But Jesus had a temporal perspective.  He had altitude.  We need to get that.

'Are you considering Him?'

Hebrews says to consider Him who endured such opposition.

It isn't about your circumstances - it isn't about what's happening at work on Monday - it's about have you considered what He did, and in light of that, are you considering how He's being worked out in your daily life?

Are you considering Him in your job?
Are you considering Him in your hobbies?
Are you considering Him in your giving?
Are you considering Him in your marriage?
Are you considering Him in your life struggle?

Yes, it matters that it's hard, but hard isn't the most important consideration.  God is the most important consideration.

Are you considering Him?

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I go back and forth with considering God the way I should. I have things in my life that remind me each day, but sometimes, it is still hard to do.

I have a large cross I wear to work. I hold it in my hand over the course of the day and it reminds me that He is there.

I have a little gold 'purity' ring I wear on my ring finger that is inscribed with 'I LOVE YOU'. I know at my age it may sound rather silly, but it is perfectly appropriate. And it is my promise to Him. I've had it for years and it is another reminder.

Every day I get devotionals and bible readings in my email and FB. Yet another reminder.

After all of these things, you might think it would be easier, but I can get into automatic cruise control and it just doesn't pierce my focus. I suppose it is like any relationship (not any, but you know what I mean) when you feel close and then drift a bit. I was married for two decades...it happens. Ebb and flow.

One thing that I do when I 'forget' what Jesus did to save me, is re-watch 'The Passion of the Christ'. I know many Christians cannot bear it and there are times when I must cover my eyes, but it really does hit home. There is a part in the movie where Jesus is beaten and trying to carry the cross. He stumbles and catches His mother's eyes. He says, "See Mother, I make all things new." And He does. For us...for me. How can He love me that much...I just don't know.