Friday, October 4, 2013

BLESS

One of Aesop's Fables read this way:

An old man and his grandson are traveling to town.  The old man walked while his grandson rode the donkey.  But some people said, 'Would you look at that old man suffering on his feet while that strong young boy who is totally capable of walking sits on that donkey?'

So the old man, hearing that, switched places and began to ride the donkey while the boy walked.  'Would you look at that?  A grown man taking advantage of a little boy like that.'

So they both got off and walked until they heard some people say, 'How pitiful, a perfectly good donkey not being used.'

The final scene shows the boy and the old man staggering along as they carry the donkey.

If a person's heart is to criticize and find fault, there is nothing that can satisfy them - and that's really a
heart issue.  It's so easy to be critical just to try to level the playing field and bring others down to where you are.

'Bless, don't critize'

Bless, don't criticize.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have known people like that. I just find myself thinking that they must be miserable. I will admit, I often avoid them as much as possible.

I had a really great day today...until the last 15 minutes. I had the customer who I couldn't please no matter what I did. In my mind, I was angry. I kept thinking that I just don't make enough money to put up with this. Then, on the way home I truly tried to step back. I put on my 'Jesus glasses' regarding the situation. What came to mind was that Paul was criticized in his day, so I didn't have it so bad. For that matter, even greater was Jesus persecution. And He was perfect.

It just takes a little perspective. Tomorrow will be another day to interact with all of the other nice customers. I'm over it. I am kind of glad the day is over, though. It's nice to have a little peace and quiet and relax for a while. Just another day in the life of this working girl...lol. :)

Being more Christ-like isn't easy, that's for sure. I struggle with it many times, but I feel better knowing that I am aware of that and I can pray and think things through. I haven't just given up. I have a big cross I wear to work and sometimes I just touch it and it reminds me of what and Who is important in my life. God is good all the time!