Thursday, September 5, 2013

SNUBBED

Here is the heartbreak of Jesus --- that the generations of people who have received full, unrestricted access to Him do not come to Him.

For centuries prior, people begged to go thru the veil that separated God from the ordinary Joe (see yesterday's blog).  It's what Moses yearned for ... it's what David's heart could feel but not fully obtain ... it's what Daniel prayed for three times a day, but never completely grasped.

But you and I have been granted this full gift freely, yet we take it for granted.  The door is full on open but we refuse to step thru - sometimes for weeks at a time.

'God doesn't meet anyone at the door anymore.'

We casually walk right past the opportunity that has been purchased for us at so high a price - the life of Jesus.  The costly gift snubbed.

God wants time with you.  He wants you to come to Him to find everything you need for life.  He promised He would not only hear, but answer.

God doesn't meet anyone at the door any more.  All the provision we need is right inside.  Walk in.  Experience the gift of access to the Father.

And be blessed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine having to look to someone else to pray to God for me (the high priest). I love the feelings I get when I speak my heart to Him. I do know that He hears me and answers my prayers. Now and then, it is a different outcome than I thought it would be. But the majority of the time He answers in the way that I ask. I'm not really one to ask for selfish reasons or material gain, though. Most of the time I just want to be a better person in an area of my life.

When I first became a Christian, I could have a sharp tongue when I felt hurt. I was "prickly" that way. I would end up feeling such remorse, but I asked Him to change me. Over time, I think He has smoothed out the edges from my life experiences...we all have them. He's softened my spirit and made me much wiser in my tone and words.

The other area that I looked to Him for was my patience. I have always been an "immediate gratification" person. When something was important to me, I wanted it yesterday! I've come to realize that the world does not revolve around me and that God is not at my beck and call. He's there, yes, but I can't act like a spoiled child about it all.

He's still molding me, but I am a far better person for giving my life to Him.

I have often wondered, PK, since you are a pastor, if you pray constantly throughout your day. Or maybe you are like the rest of us and take Him for granted sometimes. I know I do and have. I'm just glad that He looks on me with grace, and doesn't get angry and withdraw His love. I really don't want to break His heart and neglect the most important relationship in my life.

Anonymous said...

You know, PK, when you say that God wants time with us, it made me think, "What can I do for God to make Him happy?" I know, I know...be obedient and love Him above all. But everyone is supposed to do that. I wonder what "I" can do to make Him smile. Something special that is uniquely "me"? That is something to ponder... It would give me great pleasure to make His day. :) It actually gives me something to look forward to figuring out!

Anonymous said...

This might make you chuckle, but I am serious! I have been mulling over in my mind about something special I can do for God. Not just ask for things all of the time. The thing is...what do you get the man who has everything? Nothing is BIG enough. Every time I think of something, I cast it aside because it isn't the "right" thing. Not to mention He knows everything already. No big surprise. I have actually been praying that He would acknowledge my free will and not peek into my mind ahead of time. I know I sound like a complete moron by admitting this...but I am still thinking.... :/

I know I am supposed to see God with reverence, but He is personal to me. It's just how I roll.

Am I the only one who thinks this way?? Probably unfortunately.

Anonymous said...

I think I have figured it out! :) I have to wear a lanyard with my name badge at work. I am going to get a medium sized cross of some sort to wear on it. It may open up some conversations that will plant seeds or water what is there! Perfect! I am filled with God's love and joy, so I am proud to show it and be a good witness for Him. The gift that keeps on giving.... :)