Tuesday, September 24, 2013

LESS

Whenever God takes you out of something, He does that in order to put you into something better than what He took you out of.

He never takes you somewhere just to dump you or leave you to fend for yourself.  If God has picked you up out of something and what you're in now seems worse, then He hasn't set you down yet.  He's just polishing you - dusting you - wiping you off.  Once He's done and finally sets you down, He'll set you into something better than He took you out of.

Our problem is we get so caught up in what He's trying to take us out of, that as soon as His hand gets ahold of us, we slap it away or try to reach back for what He's trying to remove us from, and every time we do that, we end up settling for something far less than what He intends for us.

'Don't settle for the old kingdom.'

Don't settle for less.  Don't settle for the old kingdom.

Any blessings you get as a result of living in the old kingdom is just the devil giving you barely enough to keep you satisfied and quiet because he knows if you ever find out what God has to offer you in exchange for that old life, you'll cut the devil loose in a New York minute.  And he can't have that.

God promised to conform you to the image of His Son and make you an heir - and He will.

Whatever God wants to do with you, He has the power, right and authority to do it.  There's never a question that God will have everything He desires.  It doesn't mean everything that happens is what He desires, but He will have everything He desires.

And what He desires is you.

And be blessed. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, God drew me back to Him. I could have never done all of it without His blessings in my life.

I am in a job now that makes me much happier than the old one. I make less money, but I can work more hours, so it all works out. The thing is, I really enjoy being there. Lots of perks. I don't know if anyone else can relate, but I am a bit glad that God hasn't given me more money. I am afraid that I might get back on that 'hamster wheel' of excess and indulgence and not focus on the most important things in life. Spending money on things I seriously don't need. I've been down that road before and it just led to debt, not satisfaction.

I do know this, He will provide just what I need. If it makes me feel good, great, and if it is difficult, then I must be in a growing spell. He is molding me into the person that I can be if I just trust Him. I often wonder what He has in store down the line. What will my life be like five years from now? Or, what will it be just one year from now? I feel optimistic and see life as an adventure with God. That's one big world that He has given us...who knows what can happen? I am enjoying the ride, though!