Tuesday, September 10, 2013

INTEGRITY-DRIVEN

One of our eight core values at Journey Church is being INTEGRITY-DRIVEN.  Here's how we say it at Journey:

'We are stubbornly consistent and intentionally honest.  We will honor Christ by being the same in public as we are in private.'

God wants truth-telling out of us.  A recent Gallup poll revealed the ethical standards of Christians in the workplace were no higher than non-Christians.

?????

God calls our church to higher ground - to higher morals - higher ethics in our lives ...
... in the way we do our work ...
... in the way we treat others ...
... in the way we act ...
We must not be carriers of the disease that has infected our society.  We must be different.

Are you living privately what you are expressing publicly?

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am trying to reclaim my sense of integrity. I want others to know that what I say is true and is what I mean. It's not always easy to do that. It leaves you exposed to the world. But, in the end, it is really freeing to be rid of the shackles of deceit. It's tiring to keep track of what you said to this person or that. Now...those are just the everyday dilemmas.

When it comes to being a good witness for Christ, having integrity is non-negotiable. I have heard you say at church in the past, what would you do if your biggest sins were displayed for all of the church to see? Wow...that would be devastating, pre-conversion. I imagine, at this point in my journey, I would feel comfortable with that. I am trying to be a woman of my word and it feels so much better than the alternative. I hope that I continue to listen carefully to the whisperings of the Holy Spirit convicting me when I veer off. So far, so good this time. If one were to turn my life inside out these days, I think I would be in good shape. Now, I intend to keep it that way.

PK, you have said before how important it is to be accountable. In many ways, I have been more accountable on the blog. I've kind of bared my soul plenty of times. Granted, not everyone knows me, but YOU do. And now and then, you call me on my 'stuff.' I'm glad, though. There are times when I need someone to kick my behind...lol. Not so much anymore, though. Since you are the Shepard, I do not want to be the 'black sheep'. :)