Tuesday, September 3, 2013

ACCESS

The picture of little John Kennedy, Jr. hiding under his father's, the President, Oval Office desk is now famous.

Over the years of raising our kids we tried to give them that kind of access to us.  If one of my kids needed to see me, they knew they could barge in to my office - politely - and ask what they needed.  They had immediate access.

You have access as well.  Not to me.  Forget about that.  You have to wait your turn.  You are not one of my kids.  But cheer up - you have access to someone more wonderful, powerful, wise and gracious than I.

As God's children, we have the greatest privilege ever bestowed on humankind.  We have the right - the audacity - the freedom to break in on God anytime at all.  Day - night - afternoon - around the clock - we can bypass guardian angels - cherubim - seraphim - all the heavenly host - to boldly approach the throne of our Father.

'Jesus provided this direct access for us so we might receive all the mercy and grace we need.'

Jesus provided this direct access for us so we might receive all the mercy and grace we need.

Whenever.

Whatever.

However.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me of that. I do approach my Father, but not nearly as often as I should/could. Sometimes, I wonder if He is mad at me when I neglect our relationship rather than paying attention to other things. I know I will often pray on my way into work, but once the hectic day begins, I tend to forget about talking to Him throughout the day. The thing is, He makes my days easier and more enjoyable when I pray on the way to work. It only stands to reason that He would make it exceptional all day long if I just stay in tune with Him. I used to wear a WWJD bracelet years ago to remind me.

I know I mentioned this a while back, but there is this 'thing' we have. Anytime the clock says 11:11 or 1:11, it reminds me He is there and thinking about me. It is delightful! It always makes me smile and stop and say hi and I love Him. It happens far too often to be coincidence, too. It's nice to have a 'short-hand' way of communicating with someone you love. I feel so lucky that I have discovered it and that He makes it happen so much.

The other time that I love to spend time with Him is on my lunch hour at work. Most times, I go and sit in my car for about 20 mins and listen to Christian talk radio and pray. It's nice to slow down and just spend time with Him.

I must confess, I am the worst about touching base when I am on the computer. I am pretty sure that that wouldn't come as a surprise to you...lol. Although, I do read my bible online, as well, so all is not lost.

Many times I just ask for a good day with nice customers. Then, when I get off I stop and think, "You know it really was fun!" Lucky me! :)